Attention all Bondi Lifesavers,
The patrol roster for the 2013/2014 season has now been posted – (Link Below).
2013/2014 Patrol Roster: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ajmp_MiyLZtadEpEelZ2ZDhTS2FSbllhNDVMbjdGaEE&usp=sharing
Please review your patrol allocation on the Patrol. #s tab of the spreadsheet. If for any reason you are unhappy with your allocation please advise Paul Burkett (Captain of Lifesaving) on the email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferences and we will do our best to re-allocate you.
We have ensured that each patrol has an even number of Public Holidays, and that nobody is scheduled for more than 3 long weekends.
Any patrol that was rostered for Christmas or New Year over the last 2 years has those holidays off this year.
We have not allocated the SRC’s to a patrol for this season yet, this will be completed over the next couple of weeks and notification will be sent out.
All financial members are highlighted in Green and non-financial members are currently in Grey. If you are not currently Green your door access to the club has been cancelled and you will need to renew your membership to access the club and to Patrol.
It is imperative that you renew your membership and pay your fees as soon as possible!
If you are not financial, you will not receive too many communications from lifesaving, as we will be using the surf-guard data base to generate our emails and SMS’. You can renew and pay your fees at the office or on-line at https://www.lifesavingonline.com.au/SLSA_Online/modules/home/index.php
Below is the link to the patrol swaps spreadsheet for the 2013-2014 season.
Looking forward to another great and safe season this year,
Mike & Paul.
Board of Lifesaving
Michael Gencher – Director of Lifesaving/Club Captain email@example.com
Paul Burkett – Captain of Lifesaving firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Williams – IRB Captain – email@example.com
Bruce Wynne – Gear Steward
Christian Schoener – Radio Officer
Shauna de Launey – First Aid Officer
Matt Malcom – Youth Captain
Roland Knobloch – Youth Captain
Active Membership Categories
If you are concerned about your ability or availability to complete your patrol requirements for Active membership… Consider one of the Active Membership Sub-Categories. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Michael Gencher, Director of Lifesaving/Club Captain on #0408 602 056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The category of Active Membership is divided into separate sub-categories as follows:
(1) Rostered – Rostered Active Members are allocated to a patrol and are required to complete all rostered patrols, arrange substitutes for rostered patrols that the member cannot attend, and undertake make-up hours for missed patrols for which a substitute is not arranged in accordance with the directions of their Patrol Captain (or delegate), Captain of Lifesaving (“CoL”), Director of Lifesaving (“DoL”), the Judiciary or other officer of the Club as appointed by the BOM.
(2) Special Duties – Special Duties Active Members are unable to commit to rostered patrols. Special Duties members are not allocated to a specific patrol, but must complete 50 patrol hours per season (a number of hours approximately equivalent to a Rostered member) of which at least 25 hours must be completed by 31 December and at least 20 hours after 31 December. Special Duties members must complete at least one patrol per calendar month. Prospective Special Duties members must apply in writing each season to the CoL or the DoL and must include a valid reason why the member cannot perform ordinary rostered patrols. Admission to Special Duties will be solely at the discretion of the CoL or the DoL.
(3) Competition – Competition Active Members are high level competitive lifesavers who regularly compete for the Club. Competition members are not allocated to a specific patrol so as to assist attendance at competitions. Competition members must complete sufficient patrol hours to meet any competition requirements of SLSA. This membership category is limited to 10 members per season, and will only be available if there are sufficient Rostered Active Members to fill the Club’s rostered patrol requirements. Prospective Competition Active Members must apply in writing each season to the CoL or the DoL and must include a submission from the Director of Surf Sports recommending their membership. The DoSS may make submissions of behalf of prospective Competition Active Members.
(4) Non rostered – Unallocated Active Members would prefer not to be tied to a rostered patrol. Unallocated members are not allocated to a specific patrol, but must complete 60 patrol hours per season (an increase on the number of hours required by Rostered members). Unallocated members must complete at least one full patrol per three week period (in line with Rostered Active Member requirements). This membership category is limited to 10 members per season, and will only be available if there are sufficient Rostered members to fill the Club’s rostered patrol requirements. Prospective Unallocated members must apply in writing each season to the CoL or the DoL.
(5) Water Safety – Water Safety Active Members are parents/guardians of Bondi Juniors (or otherwise involved with the Junior Activities section of the Club) who wish to be Active members of the Club, but who donate a large amount of time providing water safety on Sunday mornings at the Club or at authorised nipper carnivals. Water Safety members are not allocated to a specific patrol, but must complete 50 patrol hours per season (a number of hours approximately equivalent to a Rostered member) of which at least 25 hours must be completed by 31 December and at least 20 hours after 31 December. Water safety hours will be counted towards this requirement if the member adds their name to the regular patrol log in the patrol tent. Water Safety members must also complete at least two full patrols before 31 December and two full patrols after 31 December to maintain their general lifesaving skills. Prospective Water Safety members must be endorsed by the Director of Junior Activities and apply in writing each season to the CoL or the DoL (this application may take the form of a mass application from the Director of Junior Activities).
The BOM reserves the right to vary these requirements on a case by case basis subject to the rules of SLSA.