Welcome to Bondi SBLSC
As a new member to our club, it is important that you are aware of, and comply with the rules & regulations of the Club.
This document is only a quick reference to some of the rules that you need to be aware of immediately. We strongly recommend, that you make yourself aware of the Bondi SBLSC Objects & Rules of the Club (Version 2) . Copies of these Rules may be obtained from our website, or from the office.
Boards and Skis
- Boards and skis owned by the Club are stored in the craft shed.
- Boards and skis owned by individual members may only be stored in the Craft Shed on payment of a storage fee. Any unauthorised craft, gear or personal belongings left in the craft shed will be removed immediately, and the owner/member shall accept all responsibility for any damage or loss of the equipment.
- Member & non-members’ surfboards must not be stored or left anywhere in the Club or Craft Shed (unless arrangements have been made for a rack to be allocated and a storage fee has been paid).
- Only the Director of Surf Sports/Competition (Grant Veckranges) may authorise a member to use any competition, or competition training craft . The member shall be responsible for its safe return.
- Members shall immediately report any loss or damage of Club equipment to the Office.
- No person other than a member of the Club who is a proficient Bronze Medallion or SRC holder or probationary candidate undertaking Bronze Medallion or SRC training shall be allowed the use of any club equipment.
- Club rescue boards, competition boards and skis shall be used only for the purposes for which they are designed.
- Members using Club rescue boards for personal skills improvement outside of patrol hours must only use those rescue boards allocated for training purposes.
- Members using Club rescue boards for personal skills improvement inside of patrol hours must only use those rescue boards allocated for training purposes, and MUST wear their prescribed caps (patrol or candidate). Patrol Captains have been asked to police this requirement.
- Members using Club rescue boards for personal skills improvement inside or outside of patrol hours must adhere to the rules of the beach (i.e. surf craft area, flags, etc.).
- The Clubhouse is open to members from 5:00am to 10.30pm.
- A member shall not wear wet clothing in the Clubhouse except in the wet entrance, the change rooms, the boat shed, craft shed or the gear room.
- Members returning to the Clubhouse from the beach wet or sandy must use the wet entrance at the southern side of the building. The craft entrance is to be used only for entry & exit with craft or other equipment stored in the craft area.
- Each member shall take all reasonable action to preserve the cleanliness of the Club.
- Children under the age of 13, other than a member, shall not be permitted to enter the Club House unless accompanied by a member.
- A member who accompanies a child must supervise the child at all times while the child remains in the Clubhouse.
- No animals are permitted in the Clubhouse.
- A member may invite a visitor into the Clubhouse, but the member will be responsible to ensure that the visitor conforms to the Club rules as if they were a member.
- A member in the Clubhouse shall not engage in unseemly conduct such as bad language, bullying, harassment likely to interfere with the comfort of other members.
- Shower before entering the sauna to remove sand and salt water.
- Use a towel at all times when sitting on benches.
- Comply with the guidelines for sauna use as displayed in the sauna.
Keys/Electronic Access Cards
- A member shall be supplied with an electronic access tag for Clubhouse access.
- It is the members’ responsibility to notify the office immediately of a lost/missing tag. Tags will be replaced for a fee.
- Tags are for the sole use of the member to whom they are issued and are not transferable. You are not permitted to give your tag to anyone for use.
- Members are only given access to doors for which they are authorised.
- The Boat Shed Roller doors are only to be used for the removal & return of craft. Members are not permitted top use these roller doors as an alternate entrance to the main hall, or wet entrance.
- No member shall remove, or use for any purpose other than that for which it is intended, any lifesaving, competition gear or property of the Club without approval of the Board of Management, or a designated representative.
- Only members holding a current gym membership are permitted to access and use the gym and gym equipment.
- Gym members are not permitted to provide gym access to persons who are not gym members.
- Gym members must comply with the ‘Gymnasium Rules’ as displayed in the gym. If you use the gym make sure you read them.
- Members must always be courteous and respectful to Club staff.
- Any member who violates the Rules of the Club or the By-Laws, or who misconducts themselves on Club premises, or who acts contrary to the general policy of the Club or so as to bring the Club into disrepute, may be suspended or expelled from the Club by the Judiciary Committee or may otherwise be dealt with as the Judiciary Committee deems fit.
Parking & Parking Concession Compliance
- Members who are Waverley Council residents are not entitled to any parking concessions whether or not they are performing official Club duties. However they are able to purchase a Waverley Council Beach Parking Permit that allows free parking for private vehicles on Queen Elizabeth Drive, Bondi Beach, and on other Waverley Council beaches. Otherwise they will be required to pay the normal Parking Fees when they exit the beach parking area.
- Members who reside outside the Waverley Council area may be entitled to concessional parking for patrol and other Club related duties. Such members are expected to comply with the provisions of the concessional parking arrangement as set out by Waverley Council. Details of this arrangement and the eligibility conditions are displayed on the Club Notice Board.
- The parking spaces directly in front of the Clubhouse are primarily for use by members who are on patrol. Members must clearly display a ‘Bondi Members Parking’ sticker on their vehicles when parked in this area; otherwise they may receive a Parking Infringement Notice from the Council. Please do not park in these spaces on days when patrols are rostered unless you are on-duty at the time
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Children should be registered with the Club. This is important for insurance and other reasons.
- Children are to assemble at the clubhouse for 9.00 am each Sunday during the season. Events start immediately following muster & announcements at 9.00 am.
- Before events start all children are to be “signed on” with their age group managers at the club house”.
- They should bring – swimmers, club competition caps, sun visor/hat, t-shirt/rashie, towel etc.
- Sun screen is made available to children prior to them leaving the club.
- All children to remain with their age group manager unless otherwise directed.
- No child is allowed into the water unless instructed by the events co-ordinator or age group manager.
- All children must be accounted for at the end of each Sunday’s activities and be signed off at the club house.
- The “nippers” are not a ‘child minding service’ and parents/guardians are advised they should remain nearby should an incident occur or should events finish early.
- At the end of Nipper activities on Sunday morning, all equipment must be returned to the Nipper storage container. No equipment may be “borrowed” without the consent of the Director or Gear Steward.
- A bar-b-q is held each Sunday at the club house after events. The money raised goes towards the prizes and trophies given out at the annual presentation day.
- Club Costumes, singlets and t-shirts are available, to members, at cost.
- Please check the Calendar of Events to note competition days and other special days and competitions.
- Children are awarded trophies and medallions at the end of each season. In order to receive one of these certain criteria apply.
- Trophies are awarded to children who attend 90% of Sundays throughout the season.
- Points are awarded on Club Championship days for each water and beach event a child competes in. There are three Club Championship days each season. Trophies are awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall.
- You must be proficient and have proven your age to be eligible for the Club Championships.
- Children who receive points for Club Championship days will only receive a trophy if they have also attended at least 51% of the season. Children attending on Club Championship days only will not be awarded points for events.
- The major trophies awarded are the Participation Trophies. The Participation Trophies will be awarded to the most active participant of both genders, per age group, from the U/8’s upwards. Participation is regarded as the successful completion of a beach or water event. Children who place in the Club Championships are ineligible for the Participation Trophies. As the Club’s major trophies are awarded to the children who participate in the most events over the season, and not the club’s best competitors, the message to the children is that it’s the efforts they make, not the placing’s, that is of the most importance.
- All children are encouraged to attend and compete, in a friendly and fun atmosphere, throughout the year.