The club’s first boat, the Johnny Walker, was won in competition during the 1925-26 season. In the 1927-28 season we bought our frst boat, also named Johnny Walker.
Waverley Council helped us buy our second boat in the 1931-32 season, with a pound-for-pound subsidy. The “Bill Bennett” was launched on 1 May 1938. The boat was bought entirely from members’ fund raising.
In 1951, the Oldfield family helped again, when the Astra II was launched. The Jack Simmons was launched on 28 March 1954. In recognition of the club’s 50 years of service to the community, Sydney philanthropist Sir Edward Hallstrom donated the next boat, Bird of Paradise, launched on 6 May 1956