CLUB LIFE Competition- Sponsored by bondi broker
Calling all Bondi Surf Club photographers, members and Non- members. It’s time to show everyone why we all love Club Life, celebrate everything it has to offer and share that with our community.
Your entry/ies must showcase Club Life whether that be patrolling, volunteering, training, competition, ocean swimming or events. Email your entry/ies to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries close 27 April 2021
Photos will be judged by a jury including an experienced photographer and Club members. Up to 30 images selected by the panel will be professionally printed and exhibited in the Main Hall of Bondi SBLSC. The exhibition will be open to the general public over two weekends – 28-29 May and 5-6 June 2021.
Watch this space for more information on prizes and categories!
- Show some aspect of Club life at Bondi SBLSC – patrolling, volunteering, training, competition, beach conditions etc.
- Be submitted in JPEG format and must be of high-quality resolution copy to be used for printing and exhibition purposes (300 DPI, 2MB minimum)
- Include a short description including location, Club activity and date
Up to 30 entries will be chosen to be printed and exhibited in the Main Hall of Bondi SBLSC.
There will be three winning entries
- An Overall Winner selected by a jury made up of members led by an experienced photographer
- Best image taken using a phone camera (and posted to social media during the course of the competition or exhibition including the hash tags “#BONDICLUBLIFE; #bondisblsc”) selected by the jury
- A People’s Choice decided by popular vote at the exhibition and via email and at www.bondisurfclub.com
The winning entries will be retained by Bondi SBLSC to be hung in its proposed renovated Clubhouse. Further information on prizes will be released during the competition period.
The remaining printed images will be sold during the course of the exhibition and all funds raised will be used towards the purchase of lifesaving equipment. Where the People’s Choice winning entry is purchased during the exhibition period, a second copy will be printed for retention by Bondi SBLSC.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition runs from 2 March 2021 to 27 April 2021.
- Entrants can submit up to five (5) entries only. An entry can consist of up to three images where an action or time lapse sequence is being shown.
- Photos MUST:
- Include members patrolling, volunteering, training or competing for Bondi SBLSC. Photos that do not show some aspect of Club life at Bondi SBLSC will not be considered.
- Be taken during the 2019/20 to 2020/21 surf lifesaving seasons, i.e. 28 September 2019 to 25 April 2021.
- Be submitted on JPEG format and at a high-quality resolution to be used for printing and exhibition purposes (300 DPI, 2MB minimum).
- Include a short description including location, Club activity and date.
- Include information about the photographic equipment used, eg. phone, GoPro, camera type.
- Be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Be submitted by 12:30pm (AEST) on Tuesday 27th April.
- Competition is free and open to all ages. Written permission from a parent or guardian must be provided to Bondi SBLSC for any entrant under the age of 18.
- Written permission from the subjects’ parents/guardians must be provided to Bondi Surf Club for any image including a child under the age of 18 if that image is taken on Club premises.
- Permission from the subject/s must be obtained for any images showing faces.
- All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights.
- Photos can be taken with any camera or phone.
- The winning entrant must agree to be contacted by Bondi SBLSC via email or phone and provide their required contact details.
- By submitting an entry, entrants agree to these competition terms and conditions.
- Entrants must not injure or do any harm to any person, animal or property to secure an image.
- Safety is key. Entrants must not do anything that puts the entrant and/or others in danger to secure an image.
- The Jury’s Choice winner will be selected from all valid entries by a jury which will include an experienced photographer and members of Bondi SBLSC. Each entry will be judged based upon technical quality, creative merit, visual impact and how well it captures what it is to be a member of Bondi SBLSC.
- The Best Image taken using a phone camera category will be selected by a jury which will include an experienced photographer and members of Bondi SBLSC. To be eligible for this category, the image must be taken with a mobile phone and the image must be posted to social media during the competition period including the hash tags “#BONDICLUBLIFE; #bondisblsc”.
- The Jury’s Choice and Best Image taken using a phone camera category winners will be notified via email/phone and announced at the opening of the public exhibition on Friday 28 May 2021.
- The People’s Choice winner will be selected by Club members and visitors to the exhibition by paper vote or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org during the exhibition period.
- Voting for the People’s Choice award will close at the end of the public exhibition.
- The People’s Choice winner will be notified via email/phone and announced via social media channels on 8 June 2021.
- The three winning entries will be retained by Bondi SBLSC to be displayed in its proposed renovated Clubhouse.
- Further information on prizes and categories will be released during the competition period.
- All other exhibited entries will be sold/auctioned to raise funds for lifesaving equipment for Bondi SBLSC.
Detailed Terms and Conditions
- Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Information relating to the Competition and the above Schedule form part of the terms and conditions for the Competition. Bondi SBLSC may vary these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion.
- Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions above.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the process outlined in the Entry Details during the Competition Period. Any entry received outside of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants may enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries (5). Each entry must be submitted separately, meet the eligibility requirements and must include a short description.
- To be eligible for the Best image taken using a phone camera category, images must be posted to social media during the competition period including the hash tags “#BONDICLUBLIFE; #bondisblsc” and a screenshot of the relevant post provided with the entry.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- Images must be of sufficient resolution for high quality print reproduction. If selected images are of insufficient quality, the jury will re-evaluate entries accordingly.
- All valid entries are automatically entered into the Winner Selection process.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All Prizes are as depicted or described in the Schedule and, unless otherwise specified, are not transferable or exchangeable. The Promoter is not responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the Prize.
- Bondi SBLSC accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the Competition.
- Bondi SBLSC reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the Promoter’s opinion, includes objectionable content.
- All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Bondi SBLSC (including its officers, employees, members and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.
- Bondi SBLSC assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administrative security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, Bondi SBLSC reserves the right in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available to the fullest extent permitted by law, including to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
- All entrants assign the right to Bondi SBLSC to reproduce the relevant images in a material form (including digital), for the purpose of the Club Life competition and their subsequent exhibition and fundraising purposes, and for the full term of copyright including any renewals and extensions, provided that those images include a photographer credit. Intellectual property for the images, in all other instances, is retained by the relevant entrant.
- You warrant that you are the owner of all intellectual property rights in the photograph(s) or have obtained all necessary approvals to permit the use of the photograph in the Competition. Photographs that infringe intellectual property rights will be immediately removed from the Competition. You agree to indemnify Bondi SBLSC against any costs that Bondi SBLSC may incur as a result of any intellectual property rights infringement.
- Bondi SBLSC will acknowledge you in all publicity as the creator of the Photograph.
- Entrants consent to their full names and/or their entries being used in all media, reports, promotional purposes by Bondi SBLSC at no cost to Bondi SBLSC. Entrants acknowledge and agree they may be required to participate in promotional activities while taking up the Prize.
- Bondi SBLSC may use entrants’ photos, names and details for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes at no cost for Bondi SBLSC.
- Any entrant found to be using multiple names to enter the Competition will be disqualified at Bondi SBLSC’s sole discretion.
- Entrants acknowledge this Competition is in no way associated with or sponsored or endorsed by Facebook/Instagram/Twitter. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this Competition is not provided to any other party. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to Bondi SBLSC.