We run skills assessment each year to ensure all members have up to date information and techniques. The proficiency test also ensures you meet the physical requirements for the role as a lifesaver.
Skills maintenance are needed for the following awards:
- Bronze Medallion,
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques (ART/ARTC),
- Spinal Management,
- IRB Crew & Driver,
- Gold Medallion.
A Bronze Medallion qualified lifesaver has to demonstrate, at least annually, that they can:
- Perform resuscitation on people of all ages
- Run, swim, then run again a specified distance within a maximum period of time
- Conduct a board or a tube rescue in the surf zone
- Communicate using a range of internationally recognised SLS hand signals and radio terminology and technology
To continue to patrol or compete you must be proficient in SRC or Bronze Medallion. If you do not complete by 31st December than you will not be able to patrol/compete from 1st January.
Your club access will be suspended after 31 December until you are proficient.
You must complete a proficiency if your award was gained before 30 June in any year.
If you cannot make a date at Bondi there are other Proficiencies held in the Branch – you can get the dates and locations here
Please contact Head of Education with any questions – email@example.com