The Bondi SBLSC Nippers Committee (BNC) run the “Bondi Nippers” each Sunday at the world famous Bondi Beach during the summer months between October and March.
Children can join the “Nippers” at Bondi SBLSC from the age of five (5) years and start learning about surf awareness and safety through the “SurfEd” program. As they get older they are able to participate in board paddling, surfing, swimming, sprinting, wading and fun activities and games, dependent on their ages and abilities. At Bondi the emphasis is on having fun whilst developing skills.
Practicing these skills helps develop competence and confidence in the surf environment. It also allows children to compete in Club, Regional and State life saving carnivals. Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) also conducts junior development camps in every state as well as the National Junior Surf League & Development Program.
Most senior Nippers can undertake a Surf Life Saving Certificate (SRC). Probationary surf life savers can achieve this award from the age of 13 years and this helps and prepares them for active patrolling duties with Bondi SBLSC. The award trains candidates in rescue skills, first aid and patient management, resuscitation and a theoretical component exploring safety knowledge and surf awareness.
On behalf of the Bondi Nippers we hope that you will come and enjoy the surf life saving season at the “Bondi Nippers”. For information please email email@example.com or call the surf club on 02 9300 9279
Season 2017/18 Information
- Registrations for the 2017/18 season opened 9am 1st August 2017 and have now closed. Details of the enrolment process can be downloaded here
- Live calendar of 2017/18 events and volunteer weeks can be found here
- Age Groups and cap colours for the 2017/18 season can be found here
There is a Bondi Nippers Team app that offers subscribers live updates, notices and information on registration opening. If you would like to subscribe please follow the instructions here
We also have a Facebook page
- Join our mailing list for the weekly Bondi Nippers Newsletter here
- SLSA require every Nipper (U6 to U14) to participate in a proficiency evaluation prior to any water-based activities being undertaken
- These will be conducted in a local pool in the weekends prior to the start of the season.
Early in the season we run a parent induction session. It outlines what parents and nippers can expect from of the Bondi Nippers Program, and some small duties we request from parents to help us continue to run our activities. Below is a link to an induction pack to use as a guide and background source of reference Download the parents induction information pack
The Bondi Nipper Handbook covers a wide range of topics including muster, uniform, attendance, training, carnivals and codes of conduct.